Wednesday, August 03, 2005

My Little Girls

Growing up, I always thought I would have sons. I am SO glad I have my little girls.

My little little girl turned 2 on July 1st. One morning, she gave a concert from her crib in her room down the hall. I heard her sing song after song..."Twinkle, Twinkle, Precious in His Sight", "Rock a Bye Baby in the Window". and "Jesus Loves Me and the Power and the Glory". Yesterday, she walked into the living room pushing her doll in her pink stroller wearing nothing but cowboy boots and red sunglasses. This was after she conned me into lacing her into her sister's old figure skates and letting her walk around in them. (She's sure ready to skate--she has amazing balance.) Sometimes she marches around, (fully-dressed in her cowboy boots), saluting and singing, "I am an American, American". I couldn't be prouder!

My big little girl is 8 going on ...well, no, she still really needs and wants her mamma. She's so grown up, yet so vulnerable. Her life is pretty complicated, but I think we all have our cross to bear. I always must remember to ask God to help me help her carry her's. She's so wise and sweet for her age. She has a very strong faith in the Lord and goes to God all the time with her troubles. She even reminds me to pray when I get all twisted up in troubles. She started violin lessons and I hope she continues to enjoy it. I know it will enrich her life greatly. Just like her little sister, big little girl has her own dramatic flair...of course then, so does her mother, although more dramatic than flair, in my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home