Thursday, July 07, 2005

Beautiful Blue-eyed Blonde

Yesterday, I took my 2-year-old to have her portrait taken. She was a pistol needless to say. My little girl, who is friendly to everyone, became super clingy as soon as it was her turn to shine and by the time it was time to go, she was ready to ham it up for the camera. In spite of it all, I dropped some pretty copper pennies on my golden girl!

I love both of my daughters like I never imagined. However, when the baby came along 6 years after her beloved sister, I wasn't sure how I could love both of them enough. I soon learned a mother's live is like God's love...it can't be quantified. My big girl is with her dad for the next two weeks, so I am enjoying baby by her little self, much like I enjoyed her big sis when she was the only one.

Last night, E. danced and twirled and ran all over the house giggling like crazy. It put a thrill in my heart. She would get all excited when she would see her daddy on the lawn tractor and try to get his attention. It was so simple, yet so incredibly wonderful. I also love to watch her dad react to her little smiles, hugs, and kisses. My husband really loves kids, but I'm pretty sure that by the time he was 45 and we married, he figured he wouldn't have any of his very own. I also know in my heart of hearts, neither of us would change it for the world! God is so Faithful!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Norma said...

A lovely story. That is a precious age.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Melodee said...

I can relate . . . as I have a blue-eyed blond 2 year old myself, only she is extremely reserved! (Thanks for stopping by my blog.)

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home