Thursday, June 23, 2005

Wonderful Days

Last week was been filled with just simply wonderful days. Nothing exciting or eventful. It is just that I have found such pleasantness in the simplicity of everyday. It has been so long since I've found balance and it is here...

I started this post last week so here it is...

Monday and Wednesdays are my days off. My eight year old is with her dad this week, so the (almost) two-year old and I spent the day together. Both days started with my "Bible in a Year" reading and my "First Place" Bible study for the day. My husband went to work and I studied in bed and prayed before I got up. (If I would get up, baby might find out and want to join in!)

On Monday, I did a ton of cleaning before the little one woke up. (It helps to get up early!) After breakfast on both days, we took a bike ride down a long country road near our house and then she "helped" me with the yard work. This is the first time I've done anything related to the yard since I was a kid. I've got a lot to do, but I'm enjoying the excuse to be out in the sun. (With lots of sunscreen.)

Lunchtime is around 11:30 or whenever I'm tired of chasing baby. After that, naptime!!!! The little one is so good about it as it has become so routine for us when I'm home. I put her down with a little cello music on the cd player and went outside and finished up the project started earlier. Yesterday, I still had some downtime and decided to start "Just As I Am", which is Billy Graham's autobiography. I'm knitting something really easy, so I could knit and read at the same time, which I love to do.

Baby woke up in a great mood, so we went to the fabric store to get some fabric for a couple projects and then ate dinner. My husband had a mission trip meeting, so didn't get home until 10.

After dinner, I tried to play my cello for "E", but her dad lets her play his guitar with him, so she wanted to play my cello too. It doesn't work so well, but she did get a kick out of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. After that E played and I ironed some clothes until it was her bedtime. We cuddled, sang, and prayed and she drifted off to sleep at around 8:30. I picked up my needles and knitted some more and watched a little t.v. until my husband came home. He was talking a mile a minute. He is so excited and it is rubbing off on me even though at first, I resented him going.

Tuesday, I went to work early so I could take a Pilates class at 11:00. The college offers these classes free to students and staff, so why not take advantage? It was great and the workday went by fast. It is quarter break, so not a lot of students. I have plenty of time to work on my archiving project.

Wednesday was another blissful day off. Most of my work was caught up for the first time in ages. The yard needs lots of work, so I did some of it, but read and relaxed during naptime. I also had some things to do for my husband's upcoming trip.

Thursday, I worked, had Pilates, worked some more...book ordering, mostly...world history. At 1:00 I got off early so my husband and I could have a "date" before his trip. I took the baby to a friends and met my husband at home at 4:30. We drove up to Frankenmuth for a big chicken dinner. After, we were stuffed, but I talked him into walking around some shops...he hates this usually, but humored me this time. He even bought me a horse statue sculpted out of leather...all his idea! It was a good time. We picked up baby at 8:30 and talked to our friends a while.

Friday, worked 1/2 day again and went home to wait for new computer. I got it all set up in time for baby and daddy to come home. We went out for dinner again! Too much food, but a nice change of scene. Maybe my dearest one is going to miss me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a various cellos
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is various cellos

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home