Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My Other Favorite Dad

My husband became a Dad at the ripe age of (almost)47. He never knew what he was missing until our blue-eyed blond girl with curls came along two Julys ago. However, before me and the baby, my dear husband spent his time playing hockey; attending church and Detroit Red Wings games; and going on mission trips.

He has made several mission trips Panama, Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica. He also drove down to Tennessee for local mission work. He uses his God-given talents for plumbing and construction (and guitar-playing) to bless new Christians building churches in impoverished areas. Bless his heart.

My husband took a sabatical from mission work to marry me, get to know my eldest daughter, and complete(?) our family. On Sunday, he is returning to the mission field, this time in Delbarton, West Virginia. He will be taking 12 teens from our church down to do some work projects. Selfishly, I really didn't want him to go, but now as it comes closer and I've prayed hard, I am so proud that he has a calling and is following it. I just ask God to take care of the gang from Calvary Lutheran as they travel and serve Jesus Christ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home