Thursday, March 24, 2005

John Z. DeLorean 1925-2005

I am a car girl. It came by it honestly from my dad. Today, I pay tribute to one of the most infamous "car guys", John Z. DeLorean. One day many years ago, my dad met John DeLorean for the first time. When Mr. DeLorean asked my dad where he was employed, my father said, "Ford". To this, DeLorean inquired, "what's that?" My dad simply responded, "Drof spelled backward". This is just one of many "legends" of JZD I've gleaned over the years.

John DeLorean has been a figure in my life for many, many years, long before the DMC-12 or cocaine or "Back to the Future". I saw him once at a wedding when I was quite young. I clearly remember my dad saying, "There's John Z with his 'gunmetal' blue hair." For reasons of privacy, I won't share why I have this connection, but it made for interesting dinnertime conversation growing up.

Today is the private funeral of John Z. DeLorean which will be held near his birthplace of Detroit, Michigan. He accepted Christ along the way and confessed some sins. No matter what we might think, only our Savior can judge John's heart and I believe he is forgiven by our faithful and just Lord. May he be in peace with the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home