Wednesday, June 29, 2005

From the Mission Field

Sunday, after the early church service, my husband drove 12 teens and another adult leader to West Virginia for a "Youthworks" mission trip. After I missed two of his call, I finally talked to him this morning. He's having a great time. His previous mission work has always involved construction of some sort. This time, however, he's doing something different. He's driving kids to VBS and the work crew to their worksite. In the afternoons, he's leading music and helping out with VBS. He says he loves it. Of course, he's in an air conditioned van and church instead of out in the hot, hot sun!

God always puts us where He wants us. Last Fall, I talked my husband into helping out with the kid's program on Wednesday nights so he could spend more time with his step-daughter (mine). He never worked with kids like that before and really just wanted to play guitar for them. However, by June, he was really into it. So, God used him again to work with kids!

Personally, I'm hoping my husband will conserve his construction energy so he can get to work on our house when he comes home!!!

I know God is at work in my dear husband's life even thought I really protested his going at first!

2 Comments:

Blogger Norma said...

So you're colluding with God to get that job jar under control? Very sneaky.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

My motivation to get the house fixed is so that the teens that my husband wants to work with will be able to come out to our house in the country and have a Bible study/party. Especially when my girls are that age! Ha, ha...

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home