Friday, July 15, 2005

Rock Star Husband

I was reviewing some of Ayekah'sa posts and comments. (Okay, I admit, her pictures of Bono caught my eye too). Vox Lauria suggested people might think her husband, dashing in dark glasses, might be a rock star like Bono. Anything is possible...customs agents in an airport in Panama, circa 1990 thought my husband was.

My husband was going on his first mission trip to work with the Cuna (Kuna) Indians of the San Blas Islands off the coast of Panama. He was going with a singles group from his church. The group was in line at the airport in Panama awaiting to pass through customs. After waiting in the line with his long, feathery hair; goalie bag full of work clothes; and his guitar, my husband was singled out of line. He was addressed merely as "Guitaro". He thought he was in trouble, so he did as he was asked. Several customs agents looked carefully at my husband's passport, shook his hand, smiled excitedly, and let him pass through without any further inspection. Although, no one in the church group knew enough Spanish to confirm the fact, several people with my husband were sure that the customs agents believed that he was a famous Americano rock star travelling with his guitaro...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home