Saturday, July 16, 2005

Hobby Havoc

Maybe havoc is too strong of a word, but I like alliteration. Anyway, my hobbies are starting to create havoc on my poor fingers. I used to have incredible callouses on my left hand fingers and thumb from the cello. Well, they're gone and now I have a blister on my pinky from playing again. On my right hand, I literally have a hole in my index finger from knitting with really small, pokey needles. I was going to do some hand-sewing, but I'm afraid of more injuries!

The good news for today is that I'm going to buy some blue paint to do the trim on our house. I have anticipated this day for a long time. I moved in to a pumpkin and burnt red colored house in 2002. Last year we painted it more of a buff color and now I get to finish the transformation. I have been using naptime to sort drawers and catch up on knitting, etc. Now I will paint, paint, paint. My big girl will be home, so maybe she won't mind keeping me company. There isn't a lot of trim, with the exception of the garage door, which maybe my husband will do. He usually does all of the painting. I painted an old jewelry armoir and now I think he trusts me with walls, etc. This will also give my hands a rest from the repetitive strain of knitting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Norma said...

Way to go, Renaissance Woman!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a cello
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is cello

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog about car truck part. I also have a Blog/Website about car truck part which is why I enjoyed this blog so much. Keep up the excellent work! Check out my site if you have a moment.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home