Sunday, November 20, 2005

I am a Michigander...

Yes, I was born and raised in the Great Great Lakes State. I love my state.

To most Michiganians, yesterday was not a good day in the sporting world...well maybe for hunting or figure skating...

However, while my beloved Michigan State Spartans blew TWO big games and my usually reliable Detroit Red Wings hocky team lost, a couple of "my teams" celebrated victories:

First, Congratulations to The Ohio State University Buckeyes! Yeah! Saturday afternoon, we were dropping my daughters off at my parents to attend the aforementioned Red Wings game. We arrived in time for my husband to turn on the end of the OSU/UM game. My parents aren't sports people, but boy did their Ohio roots show by the end of THAT game! Even my quiet Mom said a little cheer. And to quote my dad, who has an MBA from the UM, "There will be a lot of sad intellectuals in Michigan this week!" (He was quite pleased at this, mind you!)

Even sweeter than this was to see the score of my little brother's Alma Mater come up on the screen: Vanderbilt 28-Tennessee 24!!! Yeah, Vandy!!!! Big little girl was really excited to call her Aunt and Uncle to congratulate them!

I was looking forward to hockey and basketball season, but if I'm relying on the Wings and Spartans, I might want to broaden my horizons...I hear Nashivlle's got a couple good teams... Vandy and the Predators (NHL)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home