Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Mamma's Mammogram

I got my mammogram results yesterday. It was a routine screening and I wasn't really concerned except when I let myself think about all the women who have abnormal ones. I said a quick prayer of thanks for my own good result. I followed that with prayers for those who have have scary results, for all those survivors, and finally for those who have been lost. Age really has no bearing...I know of more women younger than myself than I know of older women. My aunt was 55 and her two daughters were 39 and 36. To my aunt and older cousin, it was merely a chapter in their life story. Both are over the 5 year mark, almost ten years have passed. My younger cousin completed treatment a year ago and barely told a sole what she was going through. She danced in the Nutcracker a couple weeks after she completed treatment. So far so good for her, too.

Prayers go out to all women for we are all impacted by breast cancer in some way or another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home