Saturday, June 03, 2006

Young Mom Update

Yesterday, I went in for my mammogram. The first one I had was in the big city at 35 (baseline) and it was a terrible experience as the technicians for snooty and it took a long time. Now that I go in a smaller town, I'm usually done before my appointment time and the technicians are so much more pleasant.

Since I barely fill out an A Cup, I always laugh when they ask if I have implants. This time, however the answers regarding the ages at which my children were born led me to a really great conversation with my technician. She said, "So you were 38 when you had a baby? I'm 37 and I'm 16 weeks pregnant, so that's so good to hear!" I told her about the gossipy girls at the dental office and we both had a great laugh. I left there feeling so good about my age and babies. (Of course, I'm praying for good results from the routine-every-year-over forty mammogram.)

In the evening I was talking to my neighbor and she made a comment that it was time for my husband and I to have another baby. I laughed and said that was not likely. I told that my hands were full and reminded her of my husband's pending 50th in July. As this neighbor works at my dentist and referred me there, I shared the story of the gossipers. She told me that the woman bragging about having her baby young didn't plan it that way either...

On this same subject, please join me in praying for a couple who is hoping for a baby to love. The mom-in-hoping is 36 and had breast cancer at 28. She was told that it is possible for her to conceive, but she has now had four miscarriages. They are looking into adoption, but may proceed with an in-vitro attempt also. However they are blessed, that child will truly be loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home