Thursday, December 08, 2005

John Lennon

The saddest thing about John Lennon's untimely death was that had he lived, maybe he would have done something that I liked or admired.

Regardless, I have a clear memory of the death of John Lennon. My friend told me the next morning at 0-hour orchestra rehearsal. Her parents were English and her brother's name was Julian. Maybe that is why she was the first to share the news. I was in the 11th grade. I remember being so ashamed because my first reaction was to think that John died of a drug overdose. For graduation that spring, I gave my boyfriend a cross necklace and a copy of "Double Fantasy". I know why I gave him the cross, but for the life of me, I can't remember why I chose that album...maybe I felt sorry for Yoko and the kids...

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone with my comments. John did have an amazing impact on world culture and you must tip your hat to someone like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home