Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Whatever is True...

I am always trying to live up to the fish on the back of my car. However, sometimes I get frustrated in traffic and can't help but think things that are unkind about fellow drivers.

This morning on my way to work, I had just exited from the expressway. I need to get over about three lanes in order to make my turn and I ordinarily do this with ease. However, this morning, I couldn't, as a woman was driving very focused only on her straight-ahead destination and wouldn't let me in. I literally had to stop to get behind her so I wouldn't miss my turn. While behind her, I noticed her license plate had a version of the word "Whatever". I thought to myself, "yeah, whatever works for me and forget about you!". Then, as she started to turn into the parking lot of the Catholic church, I caught a glimpse of her cross decal. I thought to myself ...well, I guess she was so focused on whatever is true, honest, just, pure,...she didn't have a chance to notice me.

Later, when I got to my e-mail still feeling somewhat ashamed for getting upset at her, I opened my daily devotion which was about serving God in all that you do, from cleaning toilets and changing diapers to "Graciously allowing a vehicle to merge in front of you."

While I still should have just taken the morning's incident in stride, I feel a little better knowing that I do personally try to do just that and see it as part of serving God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home